Question:
whats the cheapest cat food?
zonemad96
2006-02-08 15:14:53 UTC
hi!
Eighteen answers:
2006-02-08 15:19:58 UTC
...A sidewalk Mice!!!!

;)
sweet_tart79
2006-02-08 18:48:36 UTC
At Wal-Mart I believe it's special kitty. Although, I would recommend a more reputible brand. A few months ago a dog and cat food company we were using because of price, had to recall a food because it had killed many animals. Apparently, some of the food had aflotoxin, which can be deadly, due to cheap processing and this was causing liver failure in both cats and dogs who ate this particular batch. Luckily, our dogs were fine. I've always fed my cat Science Diet because he gets hairballs but now out dogs get it too. So, in the long-run a more expensive food may be worth it. For the animals who survived, their owners were stuck with mulitple vet bills. So choose wisely. I have included the article from CBS.com on the Diamond Dog Food recall.
katz52
2006-02-10 13:24:12 UTC
Hello

Walmart has there own 4 pack for 89. Other than that if you watch the circulars sometimes the stores - especially shop rite will have a good sale. My cats love chefs blend dry -by friskies. I have 8 cats. Pet smart will sell the 18lb bag for 8.99. Then again shop rite has had special sales were it was only 6.99. Try to look at the sunday paper to check out for sales. Thats how I make ends meet.
chifreak
2006-02-08 16:57:52 UTC
It's not the cheapest, but Purina Cat Chow is a good food for a good price. I adopted a stray cat with scraggly (sp) hair, now his black coat looks like mink, very sleek and shiny.
CF_
2006-02-08 18:53:06 UTC
the cheap foods end up costing more in the long run because they lack nutrition - so the cat has to eat more food. the cat will poop more and possibly have more health problems durring its life time.

If you feed a better quality food (and therefore more costly) it will cost you less in the long run. (also most of the better quality foods have deals buy 10 get 1 bag free)
Zero
2006-02-08 17:31:35 UTC
I have a cat that is living with me. I would recommend Meow Mix, because it has very good source of nutrients in which your cats needs. I have bought Meow Mix many times, and my cat is very healthy. Meow Mix is the best product, and its usually saves you tons of money. A package of Meow Mix usually cost you $4.99. Store brand cat food does not have the accurate nutrients, either they are scam and/or counterfeit. Meow Mix is the best product.
atwork
2006-02-08 15:15:38 UTC
The brand at the 99 cent store
2016-03-13 07:23:53 UTC
We use Purina One.. it's cheaper than nutro, I get an 8lb bag for about 9 dollars I believe and they have different formulas. We have to use the urinary health one. My vet wanted us to use a special Science Diet because our cat has awful urinary tract infections and the Purina has worked just fine. stay away from store brands (special kitty etc)
Lucky Me
2006-02-08 15:21:19 UTC
Walmart sells 4 cans for 88 cents. My cats love it. Its all I buy for them in canned food. But for dry food I tend to get a better quality as its their primary food (they only get one can of canned a night between the 2 of them) so I get them the hairball control.
Lone Günman
2006-02-08 15:17:08 UTC
Rats! They're free! Do you live near NYC? Big as dogs, can feed a cat for a week. And they taste great! Not that I actually eat them, except that one time at a college frat party initiation.
KitttttyKat
2006-02-08 16:41:59 UTC
The store brand, or anything on extra sale, even though, I assure you these will NOT exactly be the best for your cat...
wildheavenfarm
2006-02-08 15:17:40 UTC
That'll vary by store, but just make sure one of the top three ingredients is an animal product. "By-product", btw, means hooves, skin, feathers, beaks, etc.
Scarlet
2006-02-08 15:16:24 UTC
I'd guess it is usually the store's brand, you know, like Wal-Mart's "Special Kitty".
a kinder, gentler me
2006-02-08 15:16:33 UTC
House mice. They are free, and they make more all the time.
ANSWERMAN
2006-02-08 15:16:53 UTC
generally, the store brand
cw4012