Question:
How can I tell how far along my cat is if I don't know when she was in heat? I can feel the kittens kick.?
2006-03-27 19:06:33 UTC
I've been able to feel the babies for about 3 weeks. They've been kicking for the last few days. She has been trying to get in the closet for the past 3 days and she insists on sleeping on my chest or head all night. She has also started eating all day. I've already put her on kitten food and got her a box with towels but I'd like to know how close we are! And how we can tell when she's going in to labor. She had one litter on April 17 last year. I woke up and she was having them in between my legs on my bed at 2 in the morning. I would like to prevent that happening a 2nd time. Any advice would help. Thank You.
Two answers:
sillygoose
2006-03-27 20:28:21 UTC
THE FIRST SIGN OF BIRTH ON ITS WAY IS MOM WILL GO OFF HER FOOD. NOT EAT ALOT.NEXT SIGN IS NESTING GIVE HER YOUR CLOSET! UNLESS YOU LIKE THE BED THING.MAKE IT CLEAR OF STUFF AND GIVE HER A BLANKET. LET HER KNOW SHE CAN COME AND GO FROM IT. I AGREE IT WILL BE REAL SOON NOW THAT YOU FEEL THEM KICKING. GOOD LUCK:)
shibonary_shinyoo
2006-03-28 03:21:12 UTC
If you can feel the kittens then you are not far off for the birth. A cat will be pregnant for roughly three months.

http://www.vetinfo.com/cpreg.html#Cat%20pregnancy

I hope this site helps you. It is a bunch of question that are anwered by a vet.