Question:
Do fleas sleep? My daughter wants to know.....?
elizian
2006-04-07 14:11:38 UTC
Our 15lb kitten (just over a year old) is being eaten by fleas and my daughter want to know if the fleas sleep when he does?
Six answers:
NeiNeisMeow
2006-04-07 17:04:09 UTC
Well you can tell your daughter that a bullfrog is the only animal that doesn't sleep. Having heard that I'm assuming that fleas do sleep.
cynicalfaith7
2006-04-07 14:19:48 UTC
Fleas hibernate and they can live for months without needing to feed- which is why they are a pest to get ride of and why you should always de-bug before moving into a new house or apartment. BTW- Flea bits can produce allergic reactions, take a long time to go away, hurt, and often come in multiples so please by a product like Advantage for your cat and de-flea the house for your families benefit.
Nat
2006-04-07 14:28:28 UTC
LOL great question. Makes you wonder what else is going on in those young minds. hehe But yes they sleep. In the winter months they Hibernate but your cats are usually in the house with the heat so they lead nromal lives. I guess they take "CatNaps"
Part Time Cynic
2006-04-07 14:15:59 UTC
The flees only itch when they are feeding ... i think.

But what i do know is that the flees will sleep forever if you buy a fleecollar or get some ampules from the vets.
cging22
2006-04-07 14:15:19 UTC
Yes they sleep, but the awake ones still bite
noir_du_sang
2006-04-07 14:57:14 UTC
I doubt it.